Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Open Bug Base (Jira) + Flash Player = Happy Customer

Posted by :

A couple of months ago I ran into a pretty nasty bug with Flash Player 10. Turns out when using everybody’s favorite browser, IE, and playing back an MPEG4-AVC (h.264) file it was extremely easy to crash IE completely when seeking within the first couple of keyframes. I gnashed my teeth, dropped multiple f-bombs and threw 2 birds in the direction of San Francisco. Then, I hopped online, posted a bug report in the open Flash Player bug base and implemented a hack workaround.

Fast forward 2 months, a new version of Flash Player 10 gets pushed and I’m cruising the Flash Player release notes, because, you know, that’s what an ultra cool nerd like me does on a Tuesday night. What do I find? That’s right, Tinic and friends fixed that nasty little bug that had me cursing their mothers and sticking voodoo needles in a Chumby. Great Scott, Batman–this open bugbase stuff actually works. Congrats FP team, if you lived close I’d show you some serious man-love and buy you a midwest beer (you know the 22oz kind).

Flash Player 10 MPEG4-AVC seek bug fixed

Source: http://www.brooksandrus.com/blog/2009/02/24/open-bug-base-jira-flash-player-happy-customer/

No comments:

Post a Comment